HOW TO TREAT ECZEMA FLARE UPS
2018 Oct 26th
How to Handle An Eczema Flare Up
If you suffer from eczema, you know just how painful and irritating a sudden flare up can be. Redness, swelling, sensitive lesions along with other symptoms can be disruptive to your daily life, especially over a prolonged period of time. Learn the common causes of eczema break outs, how to prevent them, and how to manage flare ups below.
One of the most frustrating aspects when it comes to identifying and treating an eczema flare up is the fact that there is no universal cause. Atopic dermatitis is one the most frequent forms the causes flare ups, and typically starts after coming into contact with an irritant. Common environmental aggravators include:
- Harsh soaps and detergents
- Overwashing of skin, especially with hot water
- Wool clothing
- Excessive sweating
- Staphylococcus bacteria (the cause of staph infections)
Coming into contact with these irritants, along with other topical stressors may lead to an immediate reaction, or a delayed response a few days later. If you have introduced new lotions, soaps, or detergents to your daily routine and are prone to flare ups, it is advisable introduce new elements slowly to avoid an allergic contact dermatitis bout. Other methods of management include:
- Being mindful of taking too many long showers or baths (can dry out the skin)
- Keeping your skin moisturized, especially during cooler weather
- Applying cool compresses to inflamed areas
- Taking an antihistamine to help reduce swelling and the urge to scratch at dry patches
- Routine application of localized topical treatment designed to eliminate discomfort and reduce swelling.
Hunaza® For Eczema
Hunaza® is a unique natural health product designed with fundamental principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) in mind. Hunaza®’s ingredients are designed to help increase blood flow to the skin while gently relieving itching and inflammation. Unlike other products on the market, our formula provides fast-acting relief, without the risk of long-term corticosteroid use*.
*Consult your doctor for use longer than 7 days.
If you are looking for reliable, natural relief from the itch of eczema year round, try Hunaza® today!
Hunaza® is designed to help increase blood flow to the skin while gently relieving itching and inflammation. Unlike other products on the market, our formula provides fast-acting relief, without the risk of long-term corticosteroid use*.